Top Six Occasions to Wear A Plus-Size Cocktail Dress
When choosing a plus-size cocktail party dress, the key word is party. Semi-formal plus-size dresses and cocktail dresses in plus sizes are great for all types of parties. Here are the top six special occasions to wear a cocktail dress:
1. Cocktail Party: As the name suggests, a plus-size cocktail dress is made to shine at cocktail parties! Let the time of day help you decide on the perfect cocktail dress style. Daytime cocktail parties are generally more casual than evening parties. You can embrace a colorful plus-size cocktail dress with fun details for a daytime cocktail party. A cocktail party at night calls for dark colors and sophisticated styles. If it’s an after-work party with your co-workers, be sure to go for modest styling for your semi-formal plus dress.
2. Wedding: Plus cocktail dresses are perfectly suited for semi-formal wedding ceremonies and receptions. Be seasonally appropriate by choosing plus-size cocktail dresses in dark hues for fall and winter weddings and plus-size semi-formal dresses in vibrant shades for spring and summer weddings. If it’s a religious ceremony, go for a modest style or be sure to wear a sweater or wrap for the service. Save those flirty details for the reception. Just remember to skip over the white cocktail dresses, since that color belongs to the bride!
3. Holiday Party: Semi-formal plus-size dresses in red and green are traditional for Christmas parties, but you can liven things up by wearing a contemporary long black jumpsuit that is sleek and trendy. For fancy holiday parties, choose a midi-style cocktail dress in plus sizes or a classic little black dress with open sleeves. New Year’s Eve parties allow you to go all out and sparkle in a fully-beaded or sequined cocktail dress.
4. Class Reunion: You’ll want to look and feel your best when meeting up with your old classmates, so wearing a cocktail dress that makes you feel attractive is important. If you want to look put together and chic, a bodycon cocktail dress in a plus size is perfect for a semi-formal school reunion. If your reunion is at a pub or somewhere casual, choose a plus-size cocktail dress in a wrap style or an empire-waist party dress that is as pretty as it is comfortable.
5. Family Celebrations: A plus-size cocktail dress is a stylish choice for most family celebrations. For casual dinner get-togethers and birthday parties with family, try a simple plus cocktail dress or a little black dress with short sleeves. For a family member’s engagement party, get a bit fancier with a slinky jersey dress in plus sizes, a party dress with a beaded high neckline, or a charming lace plus-size dress.
6. School Dances: Plus-size cocktail dresses are ideal for school dances, such as homecoming and even some proms. The best cocktail dresses for homecoming and prom usually include elegant details like beautiful bows, intricate lace, and attention-grabbing embellishments. Generally less expensive than a long prom dress, a sweet short cocktail dress with pockets makes it easy to stash all the cash you’ll be saving. If you still want a long dress for prom, check out the collection of long plus-size dresses here.
In this collection of plus-size cocktail dresses and semi-formal plus dresses from PromGirl, you’ll find beautifully appropriate options for all of your events. In chic styles, luxurious fabrics, and rich colors, these plus cocktail dresses are stylish for both casual parties and more upscale celebrations. Whatever special plans are on your calendar, PromGirl provides an exceptional selection of plus-size cocktail dresses for all different types of special occasions.