Five Best Plus-Size Party Dresses
With so many fun and unique styles of plus party dresses available, you can look and feel your best in a style that best flatters you. For all the curvy plus-size goddesses out there, here are the top five best types of party dresses to have in your closet:
1. A-Line Party Dresses: Perfect for any body type, an a-line or fit-and-flare-dress cinches at the waist for a knock-out look. A plus-size a-line party dress features a fitted bodice that will streamline your upper body, while the volume of the a-line skirt makes your waist look smaller. From casual to semi-formal, a-line plus party dresses are sure to flatter your shape at any event.
2. Empire-Waist Party Dresses: A plus-size short party dress with an empire waistline gathers beneath the bust to emphasize your upper body. This style tends to draw attention upward while smoothing or draping over the areas below the bust for a longer, leaner look. Women with a triangle-shaped body will love how the empire-waist dress fits their curves.
3. Floral-Print Party Dresses: The right print party dress can draw attention to your curves and enhance your figure. Oversized prints can overwhelm a style, while smaller prints add volume. If you want to avoid those visual effects, choose a plus-size party dress with a medium-size floral print to strike a flattering balance. While a plus party dress with an allover floral print is captivating, you could use floral prints to also draw eyes up or down to highlight your favorite features. Choose a plus-size party dress with a floral-print bodice to showcase the bustline and waist while playing down your hips. If you prefer to bring attention to your hips and deemphasize your bustline, go for a short plus-size cocktail dress with a solid-colored bodice and a bright floral-print skirt.
4. Black Party Dresses: Known for its versatility, the little black dress is a fashion staple. A short black party dress looks great at many different social events, so it’s sure to be worn again and again. A bonus to wearing a plus-size short black party dress is that dark colors are visually slimming for every body type. From a family celebration to a night at the theater or ballet, a short black party dress is a beautiful, must-have style for any number of special occasions.
5. Career Party Dresses: Modest, yet versatile, a career dress can also double as a party dress. For work, your career dress should invoke confidence and professionalism. Have a business dinner meeting or an after-work cocktail party to attend in the evening? Then switch up the accessories for your career dress to go from day to night with ease. Knee-length dresses in dark colors and dresses with modest necklines are great for office wear and double as plus-size short party dresses when the work day is done.
In this collection of plus-size party dresses, you’ll find styles that show off your favorite features, dresses that fit different occasions, and versatile dresses that can be worn to multiple events. Whichever type of party dress you prefer, wear it proudly and confidently. Be bold and stylish in a plus-size short party dress from PromGirl.