- Keep the album and your keepsakes away from sunlight.
- When buying materials be sure paper is:
- Acid Free
- Ph balanced
- Store everything in a cool, dry box.
- Keep photos away from light, heat and humidity.
- Don't cut Polaroid pictures. Cropping Polaroid pictures releases chemicals from inside the photo. These chemicals can destroy your photos and are harmful to you.
- Be careful when writing on the back of photos. Don't dent them, and make sure the ink doesn't bleed through.
It's always important to have items (not just photos) to put in the scrapbook. It adds dimension and character to your book. And don't forget smells! Your olfactory system (smelling) is one of the senses most strongly connected with your memory. Spray some of the perfume you wear to prom on the inside back cover.