Where is it going to be? What are the colors? What’s the theme? What are we going to do when the prom is over?
- Make a worksheet I have given you the basics, but there may be special prom related things you would like to schedule in your planner. And make the first item SAVE MONEY!
- Early 4th month If you’re not on the prom committee now, get on it! By this point things like the budget, theme, date, and even band should be reviewed...
- Late 4th month Start to work on getting the place. Menu, invitations, favors, and possible chaperones need to be picked. It’s never too early to start planning that post-prom blow-out!
- Early 3rd month Start making final arrangements on important things like location and band. Chances are, there are a few schools in the area that like the same things you do!
- Late 3rd month Make it personal! Don’t forget yourself in all the excitement! Make transportation arrangements. Reserve a corsage. Work out!
- 4-6 weeks ahead Make sure ticket sales are happening. Deal with seating arrangements. Get those invites out to the faculty.
- 1 month ahead Double check on everything! Confirm reservations on flowers, transportation, “Post-Prom” party, photos and chaperones. Is EVERYTHING okay with the band?
- 1 week ahead Confirm the caterer and the facility. Make sure everyone who needs to be paid is paid