Skin First of all, as far as skin problems go, one of life’s mean realities is that worrying about breakouts can actually cause breakouts. So don’t take up that all too popular, “Please, no zits for my prom,” mantra! Chances are the stress of constant worry for weeks on end will make it happen.
It’s important to start early with a good face/skin regimen to help ensure good skin on your special night. You might want to try the following daily routine:
- Exfoliate your face with a mild scrub (try Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser) once a week to smooth away dry flakes and dead cells.
- Apply a moisture lotion containing sunscreen. If you don’t use acne medicine, try Olay Complete UV Protection Moisture Lotion.
- Be an H2O Fanatic! Drink at least eight glasses of H2O a day to insure healthy cleansing, inside and out.
- Once a day, take vitamin E pills, to help skin repair itself.
- Keep lips moisturized by sporting a lip balm 24 - 7! (Try Chapstick or Lip Satin).
- If you have great skin, it might be a good idea to skip some of the make-up, like foundation, and just allow your natural beauty to shine through.
- As for the skin on the rest of your body, be sure to use a body wash/scrub when you shower. Lather up a loofah with Dove Nutrium Skin Nourishing Body Wash or, if acne prone, try Neutrogena Clear Body Wash. Using one of these products a few times a week will smooth things over, especially rough patches on elbows, knees and heels. If you have some trouble areas scrub with a mild exfoliator. For a home remedy, mix one packet of raw sugar with a few drops of olive oil. Rub this mixture in a circular motion over dry areas, such as elbows. Follow by rinsing with warm water.